Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Passenger floorboard gets wet when ac is used, no, 2003

Customer Question
Passenger floorboard gets wet...

Passenger floorboard gets wet when ac is used

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2003 caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...just pulled back carpet to see if I can tell where it is coming from...seems to be running down from left side under (passenger side)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/20/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The problem you are describing with the water intrusion into the passenger side is a known issue and Dodge has released a service bulletin dealing with this and the proper repair which requires resealing the AC drain hose at the firewall. I have enclosed the bulletin for you in the link below as I suspect this is the cause of your leak as well. have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help with this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gadfqx0lq1to3n/Water%20leak%20Sep%2020.pdf?dl=0