Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wiper motor has no power to it fuse is good and switch is…

Wiper motor has no...

Wiper motor has no power to it fuse is good and switch is new

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Fuses are good ,no power at motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1997 3500 Ram 12 valve cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse it is good removed and bench tested motor it also is good,ther is no power coming to the motor,changed the multi function switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont know if there is a relay in the circuit and if there is where is it located

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check to see if the dark blue/black wire going to switch has power, let me know. Thanks.

No power on blue black wire when key is on or off

This gets power from the 20 amp fuse in location 8. Check to see if fuse has power, if so this means the wire is broken somewhere between fuse and switch. You will need to follow wire to find damage or splice in a new wire. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Is there a relay in the circuit and if so where on the truck is it located,also why is there only one wire coming out of the back of the fuse panel

There is no relay, that fuse directly powers the switch so if fuse has power that can only mean problem is the blue/black wire that goes from fuse to switch. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Here is a wiring diagram so you can see how system works. Let me know if you have questions or run into questions, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees. Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw7ul2w4z5pxuex/wm.pdf?dl=0

Looking at the back of the fuse panel there is no wire coming off the fuse that is labeled as wiper ,there are no wires hanging loose that could have pulled out and the wiring on this vehicle has never been altered or changed in any way.I have had the vehicle since new

That doesn't make sense, I'd imagine you are looking in wrong area. Only other option is someone completely rewired vehicle which is pretty unlikely. You may need to remove fuse box to access wiring.

With the bottom of the dash removed I can clearly see the back of the fuse panel and what iI wrote in the previos text is exactly true .I know it does not make sense .I have been a mechanic for a long time so have a fair idea what I am doing

Can you show me a picture of back of fuse panel?

Or what is your vin number? I see there is a different wiring diagram for the V6 and V8 so that must be where the issue is.

You can send me a picture too.

The vin is3B7mc33d4vm547236 and it is neither a v6 or v8 it is a 5.9 cummins I took a photo but cant figure out how to send it from my phone

I read diagram wrong anyway, they are the same for either engine. Are you looking on interior fuse box? My diagrams are showing me that fuse box has multiple different connectors.

Dan, Technician
eric remington
Phone call session started

Here is a connector diagram, it is pin 64.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmnvxnrqaioew2i/pin64.pdf?dl=0

The blue/black wire from position 8 on the interior fuse panel is fed internally to one side of the fuse therefore there is only one wire blue/black leaving the back of the fuse panel.It is live leaving the panel but no power at the blue/black wire at the multi function switch or at the module.By supplying power to the switch every thing works perfect.My question is this.Is there a connector somewhere between the fuse pane and the switch were I could have a bad connection causing an open in the circuit?I am positive there are no cut or broken wires,so the power is being lost somewhere.I want to avoid running external wires if at all possible as this practice only causes more problems in the future.If there is a connector please send the location of it as well

yes schematic shows a connector I will see if I can find a location its a junction where th wire branches to the multi and then to the module as well.....that what you are seeking?

I want to know if there is a connector somewhere in the harness between the fuse panel and the multi function switch and if so where on the truck is it located

I​f you look at the wirting diagram s 202 is the splice you are seeking according to the manuf. data the splice was located in fuse box

at the back of fuse box are you looking at right spot

I tried to call but no answer

should I call again? when?

Thank you for the help.I have the problem solved .I do not want a membership so I bo not wish to see any further charges to my visa.I trust you will take care of this for me. Regards Karl
Dan, Technician