Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drivers side wheel heats up and smokes with an odor. Took it…

Customer Question
Drivers side wheel heats...

Drivers side wheel heats up and smokes with an odor. Took it to Pep Boys. Told me they can't find a problem with the brakes. Drove it last night feels like the wheel locks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No. The front wheel is hot to the touch and smokes. Feels like the front wheel is locked.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 Dodge Nitro

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to Pep Boys, they said there's nothing wrong with it. Jacked up the car. Pressed the brake and released. Hard to turn the wheel but frees up after a while

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

did they check the brake caliper anf the brake hose?

Checked the brakes, calipers, rotors,etc.

if the wheels getting hot the brake is staying on I would double check the caliper and the hose...if they cant find the failure change both..its one or the other...if it was anything else like a master cylinder failure both frt wheels would be getting hot

hope you get it resolved any other questions feel free to ask..and hope you can rate my service 5 star

98 percent of the time this failure is the caliper

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

any luck?