Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Reset anti theft on 14 ram 1500, Undone battery cable,

Customer Question
Reset anti theft on 14...
Reset anti theft on 14 ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Undone battery cable
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Everything works just click when turn key over
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics

Everything works just click when turn key over
??
.

IF you here a "click" when turning Key to "crank", this does NOT sound like the Security System is Armed......
Try connecting a Jumper Battery or Charging the Vehicle Battery
IF the Security Light is ON or Blinking.......Passive disarming of the Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) occurs when a valid Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) key or FOB with Integrated Key (FOBIK) is sensed or when the ignition switch (also known as the Keyless Ignition Node/KIN or Ignition Node Module/IGNM) status transitions to On.

Active disarming of the VTA occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the Unlock button of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

Once the alarm has been activated, either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm

Let me know what you find

Jerry, Master Mechanic