Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Accidentally put STP automatic transmission fluid (ATF+4)

Accidentally put STP automatic...

Accidentally put STP automatic transmission fluid (ATF+4) into the power steering reservoir of my 1997 dodge dakota. Will this harm the braking system?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

Let me go check. as far as I know it is,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried removing as much as I could down to the "cold" line. I'm a newly widowed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure at this point

9/19/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

You will be just fine. Starting in 04 most Chrysler vehicle use ATF4 as the P/S fluid. Just get the fluid level to the correct level and all is well.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician