Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Same as previous person. I have 2013 dodge dart, replaced…

Customer Question
Same as previous person. I...
Same as previous person. I have 2013 dodge dart, replaced battery this past Saturday now I need a 4 digit security code to turn radio back on. Dealer won't help me over phone, they want me to come in. I'm on my 3rd radio in this car do you think this will be a issue. Touch screen radio always replaced at same dealer. One person on line said I will need serial number. Help...
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Dodge Mechanic: xsvector, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

i need the radio serial # and the vin # to the car

Don't have serial # without removing unit
Other person on site claims don't need sn

i need it if you dont wwant to provide ill have to opt out

opt out thank you
Dodge Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your question and notes and will give you the straight facts about this. The protocol on this issue has been changed from the manufacturers because it is a security issue. That being said they no longer give these codes out to us tech's . So this is the procedure you have to do to retrieve a new or existing code. supply all info such as make, model, production date and yes the radio serial number to the dealer along with proof of ownership. When you get the code store it in a safe place for future reference as every time you loose power to the radio you will need to re program it back into the unit. Sorry but there is no other way. The only other thing I can do for you is offer this link which has helped before , but they do charge a small fee. Hope this clarifies the process.

Is there anything else I can do for you just ask , please take the time to rate my service, thank you.