Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need to reconnect the transmission cooler line (lower) to…

Customer Question
I need to reconnect the...
I need to reconnect the transmission cooler line (lower) to the new radiator I just installed on my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500. Is there a special tool I need? No matter how hard I try to push the hose in, it won't connect.
Thanks!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/18/2017
Dodge Mechanic: EricFromCT, Dodge Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Okay. Thank you

There are no special tools. It should just push in until it clicks.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Are you having trouble getting the line in?

Still having trouble with it. Temped to cut the line and just use a clamp.

Sometimes I have taken the one fitting out of the old radiator and put it into the new radiator if that one seems to work better. It sucks reusing from the old one, but I have needed to do this before with aftermarket radiators.

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.