sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Trying to install bar on 2007 Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4x4, I

Trying to install bull bar on 2007 Dodge Dakota Quad cab 4x4
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ram Dakota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I cannot figure out how to adjust a bolt on middle of the riser.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Without seeing exactly what you're having issues with I wouldn't have a way of giving any advice, but if you can upload a picture of the exact issue you're having or can provide a link to the exact product you're installing, I should be able to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying to send pic, but says unknown error occurred.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See item circled on file

Can you give a link to the product you're installing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My 2007 Dodge Dakota did not come with front pull hooks on front and not able to loosen bolt.

You're trying to remove a cab mount bolt and are unable to break it loose?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The bolt just spins because of the upper bushing spins and has nothing to hold so bolt will loosen.

You've broken the welded nut loose from the body then.

What are you using to try to remove it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Regular rachet and 18mm socke. I am sending install instructions.

The best thing you could try would be an impact and to wedge a prybar between the upper part of the mount and body while trying to loosen it. You may end up having to cut out the bolt to remove it.

Once the bolt is either removed or cut out then the cab is going to need to be supported, the mount removed, and a new nut welded in the frame.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get my instructions and pull bar info?

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its the riser bolt and bushings that comes up by radiator, not the cab.

It's still part of the cab and is called a cab mount. It mounts part of the cab to the frame.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what your saying is, it will cost me 500+ dollars to install a $200 bull bar and my truck is trashed, because I broke the weld nuts.

It's not trashed but is going to need to be repaired.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this something I can repair?

That depends on what you have for tools and your ability. I suspect if you have the tools necessary to do the job then you wouldn't have been attempting to remove the bolt with a small hand ratchet initially. If you have the means to support the cab, prybars, an impact, cutoff tools and a welder and feel comfortable doing the work then yes, you can most likely do it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any advice for instructions on how to do?

I outlined that above. The cab needs to be supported, a prybar driven in above the mount and an impact used to try to break it loose. If that doesn't work then the bolt needs to be cut out. Once the bolt is out then the mount needs to be removed , the old nut cut out of the frame and a new one welded in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your thoughts. I see your professional and respect that, but common back yard repair man here and not seeing same things here. My bad. Thanks.

If you don't have the means to repair it then a shop will most likely charge around two hours of labor to do so.