Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My check engine light is on with a #3 PO303 mis fire code I…

Customer Question
My check engine light...

My check engine light is on with a cod #3 PO303 mis fire code I have replaced the coil, boots, pligs, plerum gasket av filter and I am still have a problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Some times when I first start it up it blinks then it just stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Dodge journey 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a shop and they replaced the things in mentioned above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had to have the right side motor mount repaired would it have been easy for them to check spark plugs and wires again while doing that job?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dodge
I hour has passed I am waiting for a response
9/18/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 9 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

How does the engine run?

Can you feel it misfire when it is running?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Engine is running good,
I can feel misfire when I first start up and getting morning like first thing in the morning.
I want to know why the engine light is on and why I am getting that misfire when I start moving
Yes, but not right now. I prefer you writing it so when I do take it for repair I will have this information in writing.

Were any of the fuel injectors replaced?

I will not be fixing the vehicle I cannot call right now and I will not spend anymore money
no fuel injectors were replaced.

Ok, that would be a possible cause.

I am looking to hear from you ASAP in writing,

Do you see my reply above?

The fuel injector could be a possible cause.

Another possible cause would be a burned valve or base engine mechanical issue causing low compression for a while on startup.

Do you have any further questions, Glenda?

Is this a serious problem, I do not like the check engine light being on

It depends on what you consider serious.

Will it leave you stranded? No.

Will it prevent you from passing emissions (depending on your area)? YES, it will.

Will it cause more damage to the vehicle or the converter in the exhaust system if you continue driving like this without getting it fixed? YES.. it is possible.

I advised you that I had the motor mount on the right side replaced and I ask the mechanic to just double check the spark plugs and wires is the out of the question are they in the same area?
Are the valves located near the spark plugs?

The valves are near the spark plugs, but they are inside the cylinder head. You cannot see them without removing a lot of components.

To physically remove the plugs to inspect them does require a bit of labor to do. The tech may not be able to visually look at and inspect the plugs without removing them.

I read where you mentioned the vales, but I paid 28.00 I want more than 1 suggestion as to what it could be.

Fuel injector wiring (preventing the fuel injector from getting a signal)

Does that answer all of your questions Glenda?

What about spark plug wires

This vehicle does not use spark plug wires.

Could the wires be bad
My bad no wires

No worries.

Have I answered all of your questions Glenda?

thank you

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Do you have any further questions Glenda?

Fuel injection wiring replacement, would that be a hard job. What part is that exactly?
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 8 months ago

That would be replacing or fixing the wiring to the fuel injectors. No, it would not be that hard to do for a tech in the field.

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician