Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The car would not turn over, it has been giving a delay when

The car would not turn over, it has been giving a delay when you turn the key but today it would not start, lights come on but nothing
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: yes turn steering, key is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 08 dodge charger rt
JA: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replace the starter relay...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: jumped it off and started, checked the battery sufficient charge but not won't start
Is the security light on or flashing ,do you see a key symbol ,
We need to have it scaned with capable scaner , these had issues with igntion switch , front control module , battery cables at starter loose corroded .
Have you tried a master reset yet ,try using procedure below and we go from thereMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .If you do not mind me asking are you looking for most possible causes or you repairing yourself ,Do you have any Experience in Electrical troubleshooting ,like finding power and grounds and checking fuses etc...do you have a capable scanner ,
PleaseLet Me Know
Thank You ***** Certified Technician
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will take it to a certified mechanic but I need to get it started first..The security light does not flash
If the security light does not flash tbat is good ,
With a voltmeter , with switch in start postion do you read 12 volts ? If the battery is good and holding and you have replaced duster relay , most lik.ey starter is dragging if the cables to it not corrode , in more sever cases the igntion switch to blame,they key here us to figure out at time weir h in start postion are u getting 12 volt at starter ,if u are replace starter if u r not we have to work back to the igntion switch we have train switch, cables , fcm module could be causing it, if that is the case best to have it scanned using Chrysler scanner or equivelant and read the module fault ,if switch or module issue it will have a fault stored in memory ,u can post that fault #here and I can pull up troubleshot and help u further and be more accurate, but the battery ,voltmeter and starter check u can do ur self if u have done keys ,'unduly the switch , module isues we see on 100 k miles on mileage and higher but testing us needed
You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat