Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My engine light is on and when I try to fill the gas tank it…

Customer Question
My engine light is...

My engine light is on and when I try to fill the gas tank it will keep shutting off the gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No it has not stalled, but my gas tank is collapsing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2011 Ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, not fixing now, I have had the filter cleaned twice

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Abs light is on, but had it fixed and before I got home it was back on. Just no*****with the light blinking on and off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 11 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The problem is the vent valve in the tank is not working properly.
The fuel tank will need to be replaced. The valve is not serviceable and is integrated into the tank. This issue of hard to fill and tank collapsing is caused by the failing vent valve.
So have the fuel tank replaced. I am 99.9% sure tha this will fix both problems.Chris
I hope that this helps, and please let me know if you have any further assistance.Chris
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer.
Please let me know if you need further assistance. I am here for you.
Chris
Hello? Did you receive my answer?Chris
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you need further assistance. Please let me know. I will be here for you.
Chris
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from a few days ago. If you have any follow up questions, please let me know. If not, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!
Chris