Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its broken... 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.9L, it has the same AC…

Customer Question
Its broken... Mechanic's Assistant:...

Its broken...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1999 dodge ram 1500 5.9L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has the same AC vent issue that everyone seems to have, I don't know where it is leaking from though

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Original hoses, ive looked through them as best I can and I cant see any deterioration. mostly freeway driving at the moment, so a lot of traffic. the AC works good but when I press the brakes too hard to kicks to the heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think think so, that's the basics of whats happening

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 11 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a small leak in the vacuum resevoir, when you press the brakes, the vacuum brake booster uses alot of vcuum, and if the check valve in the resevoir is leaking, it will lose the vqacuum to the a/c control panel, and the blend door will default to the heat position, are you planning on fixing this your self?