Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Do not start, is in service for two days and no one know…

Do not start Mechanic's...

Do not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Is in service for two days and no one know why , startrer work , engine spinning but do not run

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

ram 2500 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

No - IS IN SERVICE

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check
for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check
compression too for a possible valve timing issue with a
compression gauge. You can check fuel pressure with a
gauge and all of these tools should be available to you at
your local parts store for rent or purchase. You need to
check for any stored codes in the computer with a
code reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the
codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

well - all is done , truck is in service , mechanik workin on that two days. Batery , pumpo , sparks , diagnostic - say got to go,no problem detected , and engine still not running

You need spark, good fuel and pressure and compression/valve timing correct, engine able to breath in through intake and out through exhaust. They're missing something. Please read attachment.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

the truck is not here - is in the service!!!
I am just trying to find out any good idea why is not running,after service open 9am CT I will go there again

Please read mt last reply and the attachment i sent you. I sent you good information.

Also, please rate me 5 stars now.

Thanks again, Ron

What? You do not help at all , Do not understand

Please write a little clearer then. Did you read my posts?

phone call?

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Thanks for the call.

Andy , Andy's auto - (###) ###-####

Thanks, I'll call him later on today.

Okay , thanks

You bet, thank you too.

Truck still do not running , your BS answers do not help. Do you ever see a car??? or truck??? Or you just reading something from the book? Every time I have to pay up front is a scam business . You are not diferente. Charge for nothing " thanks? "

There's no need to get hostile sir. I did call that shop and talk to Andy, and honestly, he's not very knowledgeable and never ran ANY of the tests I talked to him about. You need to find a more reliable and talented mechanic. let me know if you want to talk to me again on the phone at no charge to you. I'm still willing to help you.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor