Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Can't get the air bleed out of it tried several ways, Good

Customer Question

Can't get the air bleed out of it tried several ways
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Good news steering sector and pump and still wines
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jack the wheels app left the cap off filled at full turn it left to right did it about 67 times and still will not it bleed out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thought about putting exact on it and back it down and see the dude that way
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

are you getting a whine and thats why you think you have air in it or are there bubbles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No bubbles
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

what fluid are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AutoZone power steering fluid that's what they recommended when I purchase a new sector in pump
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

omg thats not good, you have to get the dodge stuff for that, what color is the fluid you got clear or red

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

you can use atf+4 but the recommended fluid for that is the power steering +4

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

you still there?

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 year ago.

hows it going?