Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have checked starter, bat,alt and ground wire still when…

Customer Question
I have checked starter...

I have checked starter, bat,alt and ground wire still when truck warms up drags when I try to crank even when I first crank it in the morniingit drags but does crank

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

I do hear the click from relay and fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

97 dodge 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had starter,batt,alt checkedall good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked ground tobatt just don't know what else to check

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Then you need to do a load test on the staring system because it can only be a battery, cables or starter motor causing that. Also, it should be tested when it's doing that.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time in chat?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.