Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced the spark plugs/wires and one of the plugs was…

Customer Question
I replaced the spark...

I replaced the spark plugs/wires and one of the plugs was seized the truck ran until I changed the seized one no it turns over but does not start

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

264220 I changed them about 235000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1998 Dodge Ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have tried to reseat the connections from the plug wire and reseat the new plug and tried putting the old plug back in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What size engine are you working on please?

Since you changed your spark plug wires did you recheck your firing order?

5.2 liter 318 and I changed one at a time

Well having a seized spark plug should not have caused you to have a no start. If you pull the coil wire out of the cap and hold it about 1/2 inch away from any good engine ground do you have spark while cranking the engine over?