Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Regarding a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500. need to replace the rear…

Customer Question
Regarding a 2005 Dodge...

Regarding a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500. need to replace the rear emergency brake system. told it was the right rear. can you tell me what it looks like and what it is called so I can order it. Dodge dealer said has to have a new brake system and it is $450 for the part. Is this true I would like to do the work myself. if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?

Yes regulars have been changed and hubs and fluid is fine. Nepew is a mechanic said the inside drum,right side, is completely gone. So I need to know what parts I need.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I need to pull a loaded trailer so I want to fix it so I can be safe. Yes I would like to do it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is a hard job? I just want to order all parts required.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 11 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you have drums or disc brakes on the rear?