Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a code p242f, my engine is shaking bad shaking the

Customer Question

I have a code p242f, my engine is shaking bad shaking the whole truck
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Please help
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2008 dodge 3500 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your B3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Idk I'm on side of road, all I did was read the code I don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When can someone help me please..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please anyone just need some help
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Looking into this now, sit tight.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks!!!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Whatever you can do Chris would be awesome.

This code indicated the DPF is clogged with to much ash. The truck I assume is trying to perform a regeneration to clean it out and is failing. There are TSBs for this code for reprogramming the PCM. There was also a recall for DPF concerns. IN most cases when it gets to this point the DPF needs to be removed and cleaned out and or replaced. Do you have tools with you to remove the DPF and see if you can clean it out somewhat on the roadside?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tools!! How would I go about doing this? My truck didn't indicate any need for regeneration

Here are the steps to remove the DPF. https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7rs13bbm0920nj/DPF.pdf?dl=0

One off you can bang on it to help free up the ash restricting it in hopes it can dump out without compressed air and fluids to wash it out on the road side.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I drive my truck without cleaning it?? I need to get home, will it harm my truck?

I doubt you will make matters worse, it is just going to run poor.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris