Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn. My wife is stranded

I have a 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn. My wife is stranded with what appears to be a dead battery (AAA is in route). I received an message to update my Uconnect 5 days ago to update the software, I did so and since then I've had a black screen. I need to know the location of the fuse (slot) so if we can jump start the truck she can drive home. She is about 80 miles from hom. Any direction is appreciated.
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I am not with her nor do we have the tools to do so. I have a drag race car and am well familiar with working a car, as is my wife.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I contacted you uconnect and they had try a soft reset two days ago, it didn't work , they advised I take it to you the dealer. At this point I am just trying to get her home, AAA will be there shortly to join no start it. If that works I wanted to pull the fuse do if it is the uconnect it will stop the drain. I will replace the battery and wait for an appointment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.

HI,

It is fuse 66. It also runs the rain sensors, sunroof if equipped, passenger side window switches

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All good. Thanks for your help.

you are welcome