Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2012 Durango ac fan does not work all of the time in the

Customer Question
front but works fine in...
2012 Durango ac fan does not work all of the time in the front but works fine in the back
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: It is fine
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is the blower the fan
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/13/2017
Dodge Mechanic: EricFromCT, Dodge Technician replied 2 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The problem you are having might be the fan but that is not common. Usually the fan either works or it dont. More likely there is poor connection at either the blower motor, or the blower motor resistor. WHich is located next to the blower motor in the hvac housing. I recommend removing those connectors and inspecting them for signs of damage or burning. You can also wiggle the wires around while the fan is on to see if you can recreate the condition.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician