-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2011 ram with 5.7 hemi, i put new plugs in it, when

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ram with 5.7 hemi, i put new plugs in it, when i changed plugs i found wet plugs on #4 cycl, i put new coil pak on and it is still missing. I pulled wire off #4 coil and plugged it onto old coil and started engine the coil had spark on start up but after 10 sec lost spark. What would cause the spark loss after 10 sec.
JA: Most cars have two fuse panels. Which are you looking for -- under the dash or under the hood?
Customer: Im not looking for fuse panels Im working on coil pak. I need to know what would cause the coil to lose spark after 10 sec after start up.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Im working on it myself, I replaced all 16 spark plugs, when I changed plugs i found wet plugs on #4, I replaced coil pak on #4, engine still missing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes what would cause the coil to lose spark after 10 sec.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What is compression of misfire cylinder? If you remove the valvecover and spin the engine over does the misfiring cylinder rocker arms move as much as the rest? Likely not and you will need to remove the head and inspect the lifters.. See attached for the most possible cause..

The picture is one I repaired here at the dealership.. The lifter failed and wiped the camshaft out.. To properly repair you will need new lifters and camshaft..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad