Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

ODD BANK MISFIRE, 2004 RAM 1500 5.7L, 93477, ON HILLS, & ON

Customer Question

ODD BANK MISFIRE
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 2004 RAM 1500 5.7L, 93477, ON HILLS, & ON FLAT CRUISING AFTER GETTING INTO IT HARD
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: REPAIR SHOP, MISFIRE #1,3,5,7, SAME CYLINDERS INJECTOR PULSE DROP, REPLACED POWER WIRE FROM SPLICE143 TO155
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THATS IT FOR NOW
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- did the injector pulse come back or no or intermittent

what is the fault # P0300 .

2- do you have a scanner that can read live data ,what are the fuel trims,long term & short term at idle at operating temp ?fuel status : open loop or closed loop ,at idle at operating temp

3- check for intake vacuum leak on that bank that is misfiring ?

4- click on link to view wiring diagram , the injectors are pulsed by PCM, now u said you replaced splice 143 to 155 , the 155 goes to injector ,that is power wire ,now the other wire on that injector #8 , do you have injector pulse from pcm, Connector #C1 , Pin #4 on pcm plug

most of time it is a pcm ,driver issue,other words need pcm,if wiring checks out ,we need power on one wire and pulsed ground from pcm , what are u missing

Vacuum leak check ,best to ask them to do a smoke test ?

Please let me know & we go from there ,let me know If you can not see the diagrams

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I believe brown withe wire on all injectors ,what do you have there ,switch on ?

then the other wires should be brown / different color for each injector ,what we have there ?

when switch is at on position and start position

will need to people to test one turn switch and one checking ?

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat