Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

It will not crank and start the hazard lights are blinking I

Customer Question

It will not crank and start the hazard lights are blinking I ran a fan for several hours however the lights come on I tried to boost it with a battery booster and it does not crank the battery is probably good as it is less than a year old
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: It is not cranking over I think the security alarm needs to be reprogrammed
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: There was a red blinking light under the steering column in addition to the hazard lights flashing
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I also clean the battery terminals and check the starter relay by switching it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have clean the battery cables and check them for corrosion I have also switch the starter relay and check the cranking fuse 50 amp and it looks good I have also tried to manually lock both driver's and passenger doors and unlock them manually I have also tried to
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you try to lock and unlock the doors with the remote or interior lock and unlock buttons at all to see if it then starts and runs at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete