Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2005 Chrysler T&C 3.8 Cooling system spits out a small

2005 Chrysler T&C 3.8 Cooling system spits out a small amount of coolant through the small tube that hangs down from the reservoir, maybe a tablespoon or two, after shutdown when hot. coolant level an inch above the MIN line when motor has cooled down.Also, which is the correct coolant. The factory service manual says only Green but the dealer thinks it should be pink
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesn't do it every time, maybe every other.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your 2005 calls for Mopar® Antifreeze/Coolant, 5 Year/100,000 Mile Formula (MS-9769) which should be the green coolant as your owners manual states as well. Spitting out coolant if the engine is not actually overheating can be caused by a bad radiator cap. I would start with running a pressure test on the radiator cap to be sure it holds pressure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your response. I did note one time, when I removed the cap that the coolant was up to the bottom of the cap. It is probably easiest for me to buy a new cap.I am very busy with many things going on at the same time. I will not drop you until I get this worked out, but it may take a day or two.

Fred,
For no more then a new cap would cost that is what I would do as well. I suspect that will solve this for you as well.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.