Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I had the governor transducer & solenoid replaced yesterday

Customer Question

I had the governor transducer & solenoid replaced yesterday to fix a shifting problem. Worked o.k. when I got it back late yesterday. First thing this morning I can not get it into park and when I do it, inially looks like it should start, only way is to put it in neutral. Do have problems getting key out of ignition really have to hold the shift to get the key out. Brought it back to shop they tell me it's inside the tranny, I said it never had this problem and did not when I brought it to you. What is up with that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

This sounds like the shifter cable is mis adjusted. Take it back and tell them to adjust the shift cable and all should be fine after that...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I stated they actually tried to adjust the linkage I believe, however if was the shift cable and I do not believe it was, to
quick to do so. However if it was, how could it suddenly be stretched to the point it can't be adjusted to work, I am
puzzled to say the least? Thanks, mark
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

I re-read your question and didn't find where you stated that they adjusted the shifter linkage. I was incorrect about the shifter cable. The 2000 truck does not have a shifter cable, you are correct that it has a shifter linkage. From everything you described in your initial question it still seems that the shifter linkage still needs to be adjusted. I can post the shifter linkage adjustment procedure for you in case you want to try to adjust the linkage yourself. The adjustment procedure is fairly easy and can easily be done using only a 13mm wrench...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert