Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2005 Ram 3500. The button on the ac panel doesn't

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ram 3500. The button on the ac panel doesn't light up. The ac blows plenty of air but not cold. I recharged the system yesterday. Suggestions ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.
Hey how are you
Is the compressor kicking in ,look at front of ac compressor is the clutch engaging
There is a low side pressure switch on ac line , low side line, with a test light switch on ac button pressed , do you have power ?
If you unplug the low pressure switch and jump the connector does compressor kicks in?
Has all fuses been checked
How did you recharge it ,using ac machine ,pulled vacuum or just cans from advance auto or auto zone
Let's start here and we go from there
Please let me know
Chad
Switch , there a high and low one , tell me if you see them
Switch description
Switch description continued
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it was one from O'Reillys.

you mean the freeon or compressor from oreily ?

i m sorry did not understand that part

do you have ac gauges , what is the low side and high side reading ,when engine off and when running ?

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat