sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Have 2012 RAM 1500 short bed with 5.7. Recently starting

Customer Question

Have 2012 RAM 1500 short bed with 5.7. Recently starting from a stop, I get strange noise like a cardboard box in my left front wheel well and the electronic stability control indicator light flashes. Prob,em?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

you should be getting some sort of code for that, have you had it scanned yet?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you're describing traction control activating. If it sees a wheel slip on acceleration then you'll hear the ABS pump along with the traction control light flashing.

Does the light just flash and go off or do any warning lights stay on?