Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  25 years automotive expierience, Nissan factory trained, Subaru factory trained.
2921078

Engine light is on code says misfire no 2. No mew plugs,coil

Customer Question

engine light is on code says misfire no 2
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: no mew plugs,coil weirs
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 neon slt
JA: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes new plugs coil weirs engine now runs great but the light will not go out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

I would have the codes cleared and see if they come back. It can take a while for the code to clear, but if the car is running fine, it's likely you resolved the issue. If the light has been cleared and continues to come back, then it's likely the car will need a new coil as well. Sometimes they only misfire at higher speeds.

Most parts stores will clear the codes for you at no charge.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!