Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I keep hearing a beeping noise. I don't know if it has

Customer Question
I keep hearing a beeping...
I keep hearing a beeping noise. I don't know if it has something to do with my tires not having the nitro in them any longer.
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Tires are about 2 years old
JA: What year is your Nitro?
Customer: My car is a 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't want the nitro any more because the thing that lets me know they need nitro is too expensive to replace.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a fuse for the nitro light on the dash
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 2 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Also, I need to know the make and model of your vehicle?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What area of the vehicle are you hearing the beeping sound from?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I have a 2008 Mazda 6 and I hear the beeping from inside the car at the front. I use to have tires with nitro but I kept having to replace the sensors so I went with regular tires with air. The dealer said the light would just be on and that was all. I also wonder if there is a fuse for it I could just take the fuse out.

As for the tires and the "Nitro" I think there is a bit of confusion about this... Let me explain a bit about the Tire Pressure Sensor System and "Nitro".

Basically what I THINK that you are referring to is "Nitrogen". There are many outfits that sell this service where they fill the tires with nitrogen as opposed to normal air.. Having regular air or nitrogen in the tires should have NO EFFECT on the TPMS system (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). As for replacing the sensors, How many times have you had to do this??

Now to explain a bit about the "Nitrogen" in the tires. If you stop and think, the air that we breathe contains about 79% Nitrogen and 21% oxygen. So if you fill the tires with "Regular" air you are STILL filling the tires with 79% NITROGEN... The special machine that is used to fill the tires basically removes the Oxygen out of the nitrogen to make the tires have closer to 100% nitrogen in the tires. Now do you really think that there are any benefits to using pure nitrogen as opposed to 79% nitrogen? I, myself think that there are no benefits to pure nitrogen as opposed to having some oxygen in it... I think that this service that many outfits sell to fill the tires with Nitrogen has really no benefit. If there is a leak, in the tire, it is going to leak no matter you have pure nitrogen or oxygen mixed in.

As for the tire pressure sensor system, what did the dealer tell you that the vehicle needs to fix the concern? Sensors again?? This doesn't make sense, Sensors should last at least 8 to 10 years... Can your dealer tell you why they have had to be replaced multiple times??

As for the beeping sound, can you narrow it down to which side and general area the sound is coming from? The more info the better so that we can get this figured out, I don't suspect this as being because of the TPMS issue.

As for being able to turn the light off by pulling a fuse, no, it is not possible. The TPMS system is a safety system and cannot be disabled to be able to turn off the light. If you want the light out, you must fix the problem...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I believe it is the driver's side the beeping is coming from and the light for the nitrogen flickers sometimes.

I need to make sure we are on the same page, click the following link and let me know if this is the light that is flickering? ---->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

that is the light that flickers.

Ok that is the Tire Pressure Monitoring light. It is NOT specifically for "Nitrogen". It is basically there to tell you when a tire is low on pressure, whether it be regular air OR nitrogen or if there is a problem with the system. If it is flickering on and off, it means that there is a problem with the TPMS System. To find out why it is flickering, you MUST have the dealer scan the TPMS system for codes. If you can post any codes here that were retrieved from the TPMS system, I may be able to help you find out what is wrong..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master