Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Could the range sensor cause the transmission to shift

Customer Question
Could the range sensor...

Could the range sensor cause the transmission to shift funny?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Ok, got starter replaced a few months and now when I try to start it, it clicks. After the fifth or sixth time trying it starts.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2010 Dodge Journey 3.5 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, dealership is telling me it is the HVAC heater core

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The transmission has been hesitating when shifting, also.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 11 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Sounds like we have 3 separate concerns all wrapped into one...lol

Which concern are you wanting to address first?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

The clicking when attempting to start.
Can we keep chatting, I don't want to call.

The website many times automatically requests a phone call when neither the customer or expert requests it or requires it. Most of the time, for car questions, communicating via this site is best..

Have you had the battery load tested yet? This is the first thing that comes to mind, especially since you have already replaced the starter...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

battery and starter, they said were fine

Have you been able to determine where the clicking is coming from? Is it the starter that is clicking? Or is it the relay that is clicking?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

It comes from the dash

You would also need to open the hood and have someone try the key while you listen for a clicking noise from the starter. If the starter is not clicking it could possibly be caused by the starter relay...

One thing that you may do is to swap another nearby relay with the starter relay to see if it works. IF it does. Replace the faulty relay...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert