Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2004, I Am trying to remove my intake manifold on a 5.7 hemi

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, JA: What is the...
Hello Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I Am trying to remove my intake manifold on a 5.7 hemi engine the model is a Durango . Now I loosened eight 8mm screws and this plastic manifold is stuck on and afraid to use to much force prying off. I don't see anything else holding it in place.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It's an automatic with 210,000 miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: At this point in the repair process no but I'm shore I'll have more questions later on
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there should be 10 bolts total, it sounds like you may have missed one on each side. there should end up being 2 screws per each intake port, here is also a picture of the underside so you can see all the bolts.

hope this helps,

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician