Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I need to know the location of tempiture transmitter/sencor

Customer Question

Hi ! I need to know the location of tempiture transmitter/sencor for the auto transmission.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: It's a 1999 dodge ram 1500 . Is the sensor searvisable form outside of transmission or is it internal to trans. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Are you looking for the location of the transmission temp sensor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
auto transmission temp sensor yes. to be clear the sensor responsible for the red high temp light on dash. Is it internal to / in
transmission or is it accessable from outside of trans. Where can it be found ! Thank You ! KAL
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Kal,

Okay thank you for that , the transmission temp sensor on your Ram 1500 is located on the valve bodry and to access it you are going to need to drop the transmission oil pan. Have a look at the link below for its location on the valve body and see if this is what your needing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9jd19k67c29s9g/Transmission%20temp%20Sep%2011.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Kal,

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.