Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I have a 2003 dodge Durango 2wd and the reverse lights do

Customer Question

I have a 2003 dodge Durango 2wd and the reverse lights do not work... fuses good.... thought was the transmission range switch but unable to locate on transmission....
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: reverse light or back up light....
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah, trying to fix it my self.... checked fuses... that's about it... read online line, check fuses, if fuses good transmission range switch may be bad.....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no... is there anything else he wants to know??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You are correct. The issue that you are having is likely do to a faulty range sensor. Unfortunately the range sensor is located inside of the transmission. Here, I am attaching information for both types of range sensors that are made for this vehicle(depending on if its 4 speed or 5 speed). I am also attaching the electrical information for the circuits.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Here, I am attaching the testing information for the issue that you are having along with testing for the rear view mirror. I only put the rear view information in here because there is a signal that is sent to the mirror. You should be using the testing information from part 1 and 2. The complete the same information on one attachment.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

You should also scan the vehicles for codes in order to determine the problematic cause.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.