Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 dodge caravan 3.0 L cranks momentrly fires and dies…

Customer Question
2001 dodge caravan 3.0...

2001 dodge caravan 3.0 L cranks momentrly fires and dies then just cranks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuelpunp key on run one second then shurt off no check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Light stays on steady

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ran just fine when we drove it the day before nest timetry to start not starting

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/10/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 11 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Have you checked for spark and fuel while cranking?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

no tools to check codes

Ok, no problem.

Are you looking for some possible causes?

yellow spark on #2 cylinder

thanks for the assist on trouble shooting taking it to the dealer for repairs

Ok sounds good.

Your welcome!