Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Thieves attempted to steal my car and I am trying to get it…

Customer Question
Thieves attempted to steal my...
Thieves attempted to steal my car and I am trying to get it fixed.. Can you please help
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
They removed the ignition cylinder and broke the antenna on my SKIM.... I went to the junkyard and got a new skim and swapped my board with the board in the unbroken one.. I bought a new cylinder and it came with a key... I disconnected the battery to clear the codes to try to get the antitheft code gone... I placed my transponder key next to ignition and tried to start the car with the new key and it will not attempt to turn over... What else can I do without going to the dealership
9/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok I am ready.. Thanks
Hey are you still not availble
available?

im just checking this and the response didnt go though, but with the skim and new key they still will need to be programed to the vehicle. so when you go to get it programed get all the keys you would like to have for the car and get those programed as well so you can have a full set

I traded the board from the old skim to the new skim so programming should not be required... the new keys for the cylinder lock do not have a chip... I place my chip key next to the antennae and the skim should read it and start... problem is the red light won't go off when in the on position how do we get rid of that

are you getting any codes?

I don't have any tools to check that
P0513

if you cant delete that code you will need to get everything reprogrammed, thats the code for invalid skim key

Does the ignition cylinder talk to the skim or is it only the transponder? Can I not hold the transponder close to the skim and start it with a non transponder key?

the key talks to the skim and so on and so fourth, but with that code something is not right in the system either the skim is programed wrong or the key, they may have gave you the wrong key

Jerry, Master Mechanic