sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have 2004 neon #.0 sohc I put in 01 pt crusier 2.4 dohc I

Customer Question

I have 2004 neon #.0 sohc I put in 01 pt crusier 2.4 dohc I was told t h st I could use my pcm a n harness just needed a couple adjustments can . U please help
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Hello v I have no noise
JA: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have installed motor hooked it all up ready to crank no start I believe it gas to do with wiring pom harness
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car cranks no start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This engine is incorrect and will not run in your vehicle. The cam and crank sensor tone wheel patterns are different between the two because the car has an NGC engine control system and the engine you installed used an SBEC control system. The crank sensor tone wheel is part of the crankshaft and only serviced with it. You'll want to obtain the correct engine for the application.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't understand why when u look up swap 2.0 sohc to 2.4 dohc neon 204 and 01 p t crusier are ok interchangeable an can use harness pcm there are just minor adjustments my harness is a 38 pin

They aren't interchangeable as I mentioned. One is controlled by an NGC system and the other is SBEC and they have different crankshafts. The earliest PT Cruiser engine that would have been compatible would be 2003.5.You need the correct engine for your car.