TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I keep getting cylinder 3 misfire running ruff when scan

Customer Question

i keep getting cylinder 3 misfire running ruff when scan tool is hooked up live data mode when it starts running ruff the fuel system 1 & 2 goes to ol drive when running good its in cl
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: same as usual idles good Ive changed plugs coil packs and all 4 02s
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 ram 1500 5.7 quad cab
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ive also changed the knock sensor and map sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is this going to cost for information
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: what is the cost
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dodge Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: forget it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Have you verified spark on 3 to see if its firing like its supposed to

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do i verify when coil bolts down to plugs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i know how to verify spark
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

you can get a inline checker or plug another plug into the coil and ground it to block and look for spark

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
spark verified on both plugs #3 cylinder
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

so next you would want to check fuel pressure and check your injector ohms, and verify injector pulse to injectors, especially on the misfiring cylinder

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok what should fuel pressure be at and ohms on injectors and injector pulse be
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

you will need a noid light for the injector pulse verification, to check ohms, I dont have the spces on that but unplugged and checked they should all be the same if one is off they should be replaced and im getting fuel specs now

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

your looking for 58 psi give or take 2 psi

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i will check and get back to you shortly
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

ok sounds good ill be around

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 23 days ago.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.