Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a no bus code on the dash and a check engine light,

Customer Question
I have a no...

I have a no bus code on the dash and a check engine light, the car wont start...... i replaced the crank sensor and tried a different pcm and still no go

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The check engine light stays on after ive tried to start it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

It is a 1999 slt with the 5.9

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah i am doing it myself. i have dont the crank sensor and a different pcm so far. also i check the ground wires and fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That pretty much covers it!

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 9 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

some possible causes. im fairly handy with a wrench but this one has me stumped! i cant talk on the phone unfortunately, im at work right now

NO problem.

Does the TPS receive a 5-volt reference from the PCM with the key on?

I will be honest with you, this is a VERY complex issue. There are a lot of factors and possible causes as to what could be causing this issue. It would be best to speak on the phone. I can wait till you have time later today on break or even after you get off of work.

To be honest im not sure, i havent checked that. how would i go about that?

You would use a voltmeter to check for this 5 volt reference on the wires going to the TPS with the key on.

i may be able to call after work, i know its a tough issue, thats why im here. theres so much online.... ok i can do that. lets say it is getting 5 volts what next?

Then we check the inputs to the PCM (powers and grounds)

ok. i checked and cleaned all the grounds, i even tried a different PCM and still got the no bus code as well as no start.

Thank you for that information.

I will be looking forward to speaking with you on the phone after work.

Talk to you then.