Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Looking to see if its possibe to remove the oil pan on my 03

Customer Question

looking to see if its possibe to remove the oil pan on my 03 Ram 3500 cummins 5.9
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can i remove my oil pan on my 2003 Ram 3500 cummins 5.9L while in vehicle..
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so you can do it and here are the steps

1. Open the hood.
  2. Disconnect the battery negativecables.
  3. Remove the intake air assembly.
  4. Remove the radiator shroud retaining bolts.
  5. Installengine support fixture # 8534B.
  6. Raise and support thevehicle.

WARNING: HOT OIL CAN CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.

7. Drain the engine oil
  8. Loosen the front engine mount bolts.
  9. Lower the vehicle.
  10. Use the engine support fixture #8534B to raise engineout of the front mounts.
  11. Remove the engine oil dipstick.
  12. Raise and support the vehicle.
  13. Remove oil pan bolts, break the pan to block seal, and lower pan slightlyand remove oil suction tube fasteners.
  14. Remove oil panand suction tube.
  15. Remove the 2 bolts from the front ofthe engine block stiffener.
  16. Remove the oil pan.

Let me know if you have any other questions, if not....

If you are satisfied with the answer provided a 5 star rating would be much appreciated, as great customer service is my #1 goal.You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. If you have further questions and feel we haven’t come to a resolution yet to your original question please feel free to ask as many questions as necessary to get to where you are satisfied.