Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm getting a code C2100 on my 2010 dodge charger rt. I try…

Customer Question
Hello I'm getting...

Hello I'm getting a code C2100 on my 2010 dodge charger rt. I try starting it. It turns and seems like it wants to start but it doesnt

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are clean and look new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only jump starting and no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I know the code means low battery voltage but I'm stuck

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 11 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Exactly what happens when you try to start it? Does the engine spin and just not start or does it just click either single click or repeated clicking?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

The engine spins and just doesn't start. Like if it needs gas. But is 3/4 full

With the low voltage code, is the engine cranking slow? IF so then the first step is to have the battery load tested. It's possible that the battery can't supply enough current to keep everything powered up during cranking...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Otherwise, you may start by checking fuel pressure... If pressure is low or no pressure you need to check for power at the fuel pump and if ok, fuel pump may need to be replaced...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert