Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When ever my dodge ram 2500 hits a pothole my interior light…

Customer Question
When ever my dodge...

When ever my dodge ram 2500 hits a pothole my interior light come on and my door bell rings then it come off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the problem justed a few weeks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This most likely means one of your door ajar switches are failing, these switches are built into the latch assembly. With doors closed sit inside vehicle and push outward on door hard to see if you can get it to act up, whatever door acts up while pushing on it needs to have latch replaced. It is most likely the drivers door since this is the door that takes the most wear and tear. It is about a 1.5 hour job labor and a $200 part so around $350 total to be done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out?