Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Abs on ram 1500 2014 activating at slow speeds, no and no,

Customer Question
abs on ram 1500 2014...
abs on ram 1500 2014 activating at slow speeds
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: no and no
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech

your abs system will need to be scanned for any codes in the abs system.

if there is a code for a speed sensor, this will need to be checked for connection and if the sensor is faulty with a scan tool by checking the waveform.

If there are no stored trouble codes, you will need a scanner with a data stream of the wheel speed sensors to see which wheel is cutting out at the lower speeds to see which sensor to check

let me know how you make out, and if you need any more assistane!

please take a moment to rate me!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

camerontech
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic