Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 dodge ram 5.7 hemi quad cab 2wd with P0118 for engine…

Customer Question
2003 dodge ram 5.7...

2003 dodge ram 5.7 hemi quad cab 2wd with P0118 for engine cooling temperature sensor fault .. already replaced with two different sensor and still shows code p0118 it wont even erase with scanner

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

Yes looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Already explained above

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 8 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Have you used an ohm meter to test the wiring? If the wiring tests out good then you will nee to REPLACE the PCM. Another good way to test the wiring is by using a 35 watt or greater headlamp bulb to "Load Test" the wires. If they fail the load test you will need to repair the wires as necessary. Let me find the diagnostic procedure for you so that you can test the wiring before condemning the PCM...

Thank you,

Robert

Here is the diagnostic procedure for you

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Here is a wiring diagram for the coolant sensor --->> Click Here to view <<---

If you need connector pin charts, let me know, I can get these also...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master