-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I put matching pcm In now it has a po513 how do I reset to

Customer Question

I put matching pcm In now it has a po513 how do I reset to match key ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have two keys? There is a learn procedure available with 2 keys, if you only have one then the dealer scan tool is required to reprogram the keys.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 2 keys
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Ok this is the info I have on the programming. Another expert has mentioned it may not be a programming issue, but this will at least give you a place to start. I am looking to see if there is some other possible issues. Please stand by.

"Customer Learn" Mode This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a DRB III scan tool. The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows: 1. Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes. 2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position.The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key. 4. About ten seconds after the completion of Step 3, the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode. 5. Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. 6. About ten seconds after the completion of Step 5, a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn OFF to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKIS will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key. These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the SKIS will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The SKIS will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if: - It sees a non-blank Sentry Key when it should see a blank. - If it has already programmed eight 8.valid Sentry Keys. - If the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position for more than about fifty (50) seconds. NOTE: - If you attempt to start the vehicle while in "Customer Learn" mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged. - Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehicle.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

This will not address your issues.. Your keys are allready programmed to the vehicle, the problem is the PCm has a different VIN from the donor vehicle which is why it's setting the P0513 code.. To correct this issue you will need a DRBIII scantool to reprogram the VIN in the PCM. We(Dealership) charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to reprogram this for you.. There is no way around this other than replacing the PCM with a new one and even then you will need to program the PCM using the 4 digit security PIN we dealerships have..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
blank Sentry Key transponder..... is this just tone of the 2 key I have ?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Did you read my reply yet? Don't worry about trying to reprogram your keys, this will not work.. Your keys are allready programmed to the SKIM in your vehicle..

Let me know if you have anymore questions...

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just did thanks for the info the only way is the dealership ya ?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Well unless you have a DRBIII scantool then I could walk you thru it, but most don't have a 4,500.00 DRBIII..

But yes programming the VIN in the donor PCM using the DRBIII is the only way you will get the used PCM to work in your vehicle..

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you need anymore help, please reply back. I am happy to address any follow-up questions you may have. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but your info helped now I'm looking for the best dealer to reprogram
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Take care,

Brad