Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Frontend pulls to right rythmatisally at and speed, same

Customer Question

Frontend pulls to right rythmatisally at and speed, same rythme. New steering box,new drag link, year old tierod ends, Ball joints good, new front brake pads today, rotated tires today, no excessive play anywhere in steering, new breakaway bell looking thing above steering box, tires are wearing good. I'm lost! It seems to pull oneway or another, even without braking, then releases like something is sticking and releasing rythmatically. Paul
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Rotors are probably the original with 250 k, but look pretty good. No gouges. Maybe calipers are sticking? But Old pads didn't wear too out of balance, but then again, it does this issue without braking. Paul
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: !993 W250 5.9 Cummins
JA: What year is your Dodge?
Customer: 1993
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the steering box and drag link done by my mechanic, but I did the brakes and rotated the tires. But he did mention the rotors possibly being bad, but pigheaded me didn't think they would affect the frontend like that, since i've never experienced anything like the way it's acting before. Paul
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought about maybe the wheel bearings, but I don't think that's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello I will help,

This may sound silly but can you check all the tires to be sure they have the same size on the sidewall.

Are they all with similar wear?