Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I don't mean to be rude, but I tried your service and got

Customer Question

i don't mean to be rude, but I tried your service and got nowere but less money.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 97 dodge stratus 2.4L
JA: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything from a new wiring harness to changing every sensor there is to wires plugs. pulling the gas tank and checking the fuel filter and pump.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: no trouble codes. just the new wiring harness does not have the wire to the oxygen sensor for some reason and will need to patch in a wire so the darn thing will start. It cranks and I did need to fix the three wires to the coil pack because they were burned and fused together. got them separated and wired again correctly.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh shit that's right I'm not talking to a tech. This is how you got me last time. You guys really need to find a better way to make a living that sucking the life out of us hard working people. I wouild be ashamed of myself!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

I would like to try and help you.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

I am confident you will be happy with my service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to talk to you on the phone, but right this minute I am on lunch and wont be by the car until 1:00pm pacific time. If you are able to call then I will make it a point to be by the car with test meter ready.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

I would rather that we speak on the phone when you are not by the vehicle. That way I have all of your attention.

We will exchange numbers and you can check/test things as needed and call me back with the results at no extra cost.