Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

We have a dodge ram 1500 laramie 5.7l v8 2011, we scan it

Customer Question

Hi
We have a dodge ram 1500 laramie 5.7l v8 2011, we scan it with our snapon pdl5500 the error code C121D appear.
Could you please help us to find the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me a moment, please, while I retrieve information on this issue for you. In the mean time, what have you tried so far?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We just scan it. My customer have already clean the abs sensor. this vehicule is 15.000 miles
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

This issue is indicating concern with the ABS system. The most probable causes are the ECU and the ABS control module. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information on the code that you have provided. This information includes testing and verification information for the issue at hand.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband ask if we do an update with the dealer here, maybe it will work?
Do this vehicule have to do updates with the dodge dealer because my customer didn't receive a recall compaign.
My husband say something more about this problem : when he try to put off the error light on dash board, it is impossible to turn off
Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

There is no recall or update for this issue. As far as the light, it will not turn off until the issue is solved, which will likely be a communication issue with the ECU or the ABS module. He can test the connections to be sure they are secure. Also, inspect the wiring for damage. If there is no damage, then he will have to have the ECU inspected and replaced as necessary.

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.