Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Turns over but no start. Have replaced fuel pump crank and

Customer Question
cam sensors supplied 12volt power...
Turns over but no start. Have replaced fuel pump crank and cam sensors supplied 12volt power direct to fuel pump. No star
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: Where is sensor. No leaks on rail. Truck ran out of fuel refueled no start assumed fuel pump replaced no start
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 ram 1500 3.7 dodge
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes replaced crank and cam sensor fuel pump power to fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
9/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Can you tell me if you have 12 volts power to any fuel injector wire with the key ON? should have constant power to 1 of the 2 wires with key on.

Haven't tried

Do you have a 12 volt test light or volt meter by chance? you could check it with?

don't have Truck available

I understand, first thing to do would be check voltage on the BROWN/WHITE wire at any fuel injector.

Ok if we don't

I would grind on it a while to purge the air out if it indeed ran out of fuel. maybe it's got air in the fuel lines and rail, if you can make it run briefly on starting fluid for 15 seconds or so, I would try that and see if that purged the air out of the fuel lines and fuel rail. If that didn't help, Then check for injector pulse with a noid light next. And fuel pressure with a gauge if you have one, or you can borrow one from auto parts store, I would get a noid light kit too if you don't have one, the noid light plugs directly into the fuel injector wiring harness, and when you crank the engine the light should blink indicating injector pulse. It's also a good test to grab some starting fluid and see if you can get it to hit or run briefly by spraying starting fluid directly into the air intake pipe, If it hits then, we will know it's gas starved. If it doesn't hit then, then I would check for spark to the plugs.

Act like it wants to start on starting fluid but won't light

How much gas is in the tank now?

1/8 tank

and it's sitting on pretty level ground?

Have you checked spark to the plugs when cranking yet with a spark tester? if it's hitting at all on starting fluid then I believe it has spark, but I would like to verify with a spark tester.

OK, it's got spark when cranking then correct?

Jerry, Master Mechanic