Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Car is shaking a lot when idle. and then when driving, it

Customer Question

car is shaking a lot when idle. and then when driving, it will decelerate and then suddenly accelerate quickly. check engine light came on when first started.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2016 dart
JA: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I am bringing it to a dealership in a few days. worried because my warranty will be out in 2k miles and this is the 2nd time they tried to fix it. they had said the first time that there was a recall on one of the parts and they fixed it I'm just kinda worried they are trying to hustle me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it oh wait we did already have to replace a battery after just a year if that is relevant
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Have you had it scanned to see which codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not yet. Just happened on way to work

Thanks, ***** ***** based on the description you have left. Your symptoms fit that best of a ignition coil that has gone bad and you are experiencing a misfire from a spark plug not able to fully ignite all the fuel in the cylinder.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My bank card shows $23. Just answer said it was $5.