Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2014 dodge pushed brake pedal went to floor, dripping brake…

2014 dodge pushed brake pedal...
2014 dodge pushed brake pedal went to floor, dripping brake fluid but resovoir still fullish
8/30/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Can you give me an idea where the fluid is puddling on the floor?

Cant tell if it is a hose or will it be the slave cylinder

Thanks, ***** ***** the year and make but not the model. You said the brake pedal went to the floor, but you said the slave cylinder may be leaking. Did you mean the clutch went to the floor?

No brake pedal

Thanks, ***** ***** the year and make but not the model?

So the leak appears to be in the center if the vehicle where the engine and transmission meet?

No right under where the container is . Model 3500

Thanks, ***** ***** say container I believe you mean the brake fluid reservoir on the firewall in front of the driver. If that is the case then you need to clean the area with brake cleaner then have a helper watch form all angles while you press the brake pedal to find the source of the leak. Possible causes for this area would be the master cylinder, brake lines from it, and the ABS?EBCM and the lines connected to it. This area is also close to the LF wheel so check that brake line as well. Once the leak is found and addressed. You will need to fill the system and keep it full while you bleed the brakes at each wheel to remove all air pockets.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician